College / University Admission – Study Permit Application

Canada is one of the highly preferred countries for education among students from around the globe. It is known for its remarkable education system, which benefits your job prospects.


With advanced study programs and quality training facilities, Canada is home to several renowned institutions. As a foreign student, you will need to apply for your stream of education in any of the Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) of Canada.

*It is extremely important to ensure to attend a school that is eligible for the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Not all Designated Learning Institutions (DLI schools) are eligible. If an individuals attends a private institution that is not eligible for a PGWP, not only will the individual not be eligible for a work permit after they graduate, they will also not be able to get an Open Work Permit for their spouse that is accompanying them to Canada.


To apply for a Canada Student Visa (study permit), students must first enroll and be accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution. Students who wish to obtain a Canada student visa may apply at the Canadian visa office that is responsible for their country of residence.

Foreign students who have applied for and been accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) may apply for a Canada Student Visa in order to come to Canada and complete the specific program for which they have been accepted. You must have received an acceptance letter from the designated institution which you plan to attend before you submit your application for a Canada student visa.

Additionally, you must meet the following requirements for a Canada student visa:

Guidelines In Study Permits

A study permit is not always required for a course in Canada. There are special cases where you can study without it, like:

Few Rules On Settling In Canada

As a foreign student in Canada, there are few rules which can help you and your family to work and also settle in Canada: